- Renewal Options for a Professional Teaching Certificate
- Complete six education-related credits that must include: A minimum of three transcript credits or specialized learning experience hours;
- The remaining three credits shall include continuing education contact hours or transcript credits.
- If you have a master’s degree or higher you may renew with any combination of six education-related credits. Transcript credits are not required.
- Many districts accept Professional Development Hours for salary advancement. Be sure to select the appropriate documentation, either certificate of completion or an official university transcript, to meet your academic goal.
- Please check with your individual district for approval prior to course registration, as district and state education requirements are subject to change.
*Please note this information is intended as a reference for informational use, it is the responsibility of the participant to ensure professional development, certification renewal, and salary advancement requirements. Please check with your individual district and state education department. *