- The Arkansas DOE’s Office of Professional Development requires (36) hours, or 6 days of professional development training each school year to maintain certification.
- Arkansas School Board must obtain 6 hours of PD per year.
- Educators must complete the Documentation of Professional Development For Renewal of a Standard Teaching License. Submit all records to the Arkansas DOE every year.
- If license has been expired for over a year, complete 60 hours of PD training.
- Make sure this is completed within a year of your renewal request. Submit the Verification for Individual Professional Development Training Form as documentation.
- Many districts accept Professional Development Hours for salary advancement. Be sure to select the appropriate documentation, either certificate of completion or an official university transcript, to meet your academic goal.
- Please check with your individual district for approval prior to course registration, as district and state education requirements are subject to change.
*Please note this information is intended as a reference for informational use, it is the responsibility of the participant to ensure professional development, certification renewal, and salary advancement requirements. Please check with your individual district and state education department. *